Friday, May 30, 2008

Is Sex in your City?!?!

As a new contributing writer for Fattie BOOM B, id like to start out my first editorial by saying “I am Women, hear me ROOOOOOAR!

And on that tip, Sex and the City is finally out!
And looking like the movie of the summer.

Surprisingly I am a 10yr. vet of cult classic Sex and the City and having been watching since the bulky ribbed turtle neck was in style. This is the show I would watch in my living room on mute so my mom didn’t hear Samantha talking about a pearl necklace. Growing up with these women every Sunday night in my quaint yet hippie ran home was a get away. Unlike all the other girls at my junior high school I felt like I had the inside on sex, and didn’t even have sex. Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha we there to educate me on oral sex, contraceptives, and staying away from men who shopped in the little boys section; and showed me emotions that I thought I could never have; but get quite often these days. They showed me how to stand up for what I believed in and wear what I wanted to wear. They were my heroines!

When I got into bed the night of the final season, season finale, I thought to myself; which SATC girl am I? Now that I look at it, I was all four of them. And I will never forget the many looks of Carrie, the many cynical comments of Miranda, the many selfless whines of Charlotte, and the many men of Samantha; Because that Is me.

So ladies get out your medium barrel curling iron for those Carrie waves,
put on that sarcastic smile for that Miranda kick in the face,
press your best polo button down for that adorable Charlotte charm,
keep the panties in the drawer for that ROAR like Samantha.

TODAY IS FINALLY THE DAY!!!


p.s. dont forget to pack a bottle of champagne in your over sized tote. this is a bottle pooping event!

No comments: